College Football Playoff
The new four-team College Football Playoff begins after the 2014 season. Six bowls have been selected to rotate the semifinal games - Chick-fil-A Peach, Cotton, Fiesta, Orange, Rose, and Sugar.
All six bowls in the College Football Playoff will be played on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day each season, except when those dates fall on a Sunday. Game times will be 1, 5, and 8:30 p.m. ET.
2014-15 Bowl Schedule
2014-15 College Football Playoff
(2) Oregon (1) Alabama
Rose Bowl - Jan. 1, 2015
4:30pm ET, ESPN (Tickets)
Sugar Bowl - Jan. 1, 2015
8:30pm ET, ESPN (Tickets)
(3) Florida State College Football
Championship Game (4) Ohio State
AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX
Monday, Jan. 12, 2015 - 8:30pm ET, ESPN
As an avid NBA fan and loyal viewer of TNT's NBA coverage, I respectfully request that Charles Barkley be
separated immediately from your regular NBA broadcasts. His recent
derision of African Americans, made with profound disrespect and lack of
concern for our plight makes his presence on your program repugnant to
Even Kenny Smith
has taken Barkley to task for his blunt and uninformed insults of those
who, unlike Barkley, did not and do not have the opportunity to go to
college and get rich based solely on their ability to play basketball. I
find Barkley to be too arrogant, abrasive and out-of-touch with the
core of TNT's fan base, as well as the millions of Americans who have
taken to the streets in protest of the police murders of young black
men, to continue as an "analyst."
Especially when one considers
that the vast majority of the players in the NBA, TNT's televised
product, are young black men, I can see no justification for continuing
to provide a platform from which Barkley can remain relevant and
therefore desired as a "spokesperson" for the complex, difficult and
life-or-death issues facing black men in this nation at this time.
If you continue to employ Barkley into the new year (2015) I can see no
other alternative but to amass a national, social media boycott of TNT
telecasts as a campaign to dislodge Barkley from his current position as
an on-air personality for TNT's NBA basketball coverage.
Your timely response is appreciated.
By Jeff Thomas
The Chicago Bears will kick off the 2014 NFL season with one of the toughest wide receiver tandem in Bears history. Lead by Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery, the Bears will be tough to cover but it will all hinge on the health of quarterback Jay Cutler. Can Cutler stay healthy enough to live up to his potential?
Last season the Chicago Bears defense was weak as a poor WiFi internet connection. With the retirement of Brian Urlacher and injuries Lance Briggs, DJ Williams and Peanut Tillman. The Bears defense was the laughing stock of the NFL. This is uncommon for the Monsters of the Midway with a tradition built on defense. With the additions of Jared Allen and Lamar Houston,the Chicago Bears defense will be much improved from last season.
Second year head coach Mark Trestman will be challenged this season, with The Green Bay Packers and Detroit Lions fighting for the top spot in the NFC North. It will be a come down to the last three weeks of the NFL season to determine who wins the division.
Key Addition: Jared Allen, Lamar Houston
Concerns: Backup quarterback position
Prediction NFC North 1.Green Bay Packers 2.Chicago Bears 3. Detroit Lions 4. Minnesota Vikings
1. Indiana Pacers: Paul George is having a beast season so far and the Pacers are playing the best defense in the NBA. Must see TV!
2. San Antonio Spurs: Tony Parker is Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard is a super star in the making.
3. Miami Heat: LeBron James is carrying the Miami Heat similar to his day as a Cleveland Cavalier. A couple of loses early in the season but the Heat will turn it around.
4. LA Clippers: Chris Paul is working on an MVP season along with Doc Rivers as coach of the year. Can Blake Griffin become the enforcer for the Clippers and not Matt Barnes? C'mon Blake!
5. Portland Trailblazers: We sometimes forget about teams playing in the Pacific Northwest but will this be the season the Blazers make a dent in the NBA playoffs? LaMacus Aldridge and Damien Lillard are a nice combo! Watch out now!
* The Miami Heat have the worst fans in the NBA! Too many empty seats for a NBA Championship team.
The JT LIVE Top 5 NFL Power Rankings for Week 10 in the NFL
1. Kansas City Chiefs: Big Showdown this week against the Denver Broncos. They will be tested tough!
2. Seattle Seahawks: Russell Wilson is a beast, Marshawn Lynch is a beast and that defense is lights out. Super Bound if they continue to play with this intensity. Don't give them home field advantage in the playoffs
3. Denver Broncos: Peyton Manning will be tested this weekend by a tough Kansas City Chiefs defense. Look for a low scoring game. The Broncos offensive line will need to protect Manning. He is taking way too many shots.
4. New England Patriots: No team in the NFL does more with less. Tom Brady knows how to get it done.
5. New Orleans Saints: Drew Brees and company, may have the best group of offensive weapons in the NFL ever. The Saints defense is much improved this under defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, which makes this team a legit Super Bowl contender. But can they win outside the Dome is the question?
*NFL Player of the Week: Drew Brees Completed 34-41 passes for 392 yards and 4 touchdowns
* Top Drops: The Indianapolis Colts continue to show why they are not ready for Prime Time just yet. How does a team that defeats; Denver, San Francisco and Seattle but gets smashed by the St. Louis Rams?